Sunda Jute Rug - Triangles
or make 4 interest-‐free payments of $230.00 fortnightly with More info
These new rugs are crafted from panels of handwoven jute in the same natural colour and quality as our flagship jute baskets. Each panel is meticulously hand-stitched together to create a contemporary patchwork of texture. True to The Dharma Door aesthetic, these rugs will bring warmth and a modern earthiness to any interior.
Dimensions: 245cm x 165cm and 200cm x 318cm
About the Artisans:
Three Fair Trade artisan groups in rural villages in Bangladesh are currently handcrafting our new rugs. Each artisan collects her work order and produces the rugs in her own home, working around other household duties and her family. Through making rugs, these formerly marginalised women are able to contribute economically to their families and community. In addition to learning new skills, crafting rugs gives them the opportunity to improve their lifestyle, build houses, install toilets, send their children to school, access health support and much more.
Taking care of your rug:
- Our rugs are crafted entirely by hand with natural jute and special care is required to maintain their beautiful appearance.
- We advise regular vacuuming of both sides of your rug to keep it fresh and free of dirt build-up. Occasionally take your rug outside on a dry day and shake or beat it to dislodge deeper dirt particles that your vacuum may not extract.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight or heat as this will discolour the jute fibres.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible.
- Please do not rub stains or spills from your rug as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres.
- For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist rug cleaning professional.
- You may choose a rug protection treatment prior to installing the rug in your space to prolong the life of your rug and minimise discolouration. We recommend MicroSeal as they are experienced in treating jute rugs. Please read more about their treatment here: http://www.microseal.com.au/